Sunday, February 22, 2015

Baby Shower! - January

          My baby shower was about the most fun I have had in a really long time. I was surround by so much love and really felt the excitement of waiting to be a new mom. I started off my day with a morning of work and then rushed to head up to Draper to help my sister and mom set up. When I walked in, it was so beautifully decorated. My dad's upstairs had been transitioned into a beautiful room full of Kaia's baby clothes and shoes. I loved it. For the first time I had something done for me and it felt great because I always feel like I'm helping out others in my family. Anyway, bottom line is I got a ton of stuff for my baby girl and I was and still am so grateful for everyone that came. Some didn't come that I wanted to and they didn't have a reason, but you know what ? It's okay. I had a great time with those who came and I see where my support system is at. 
             I can't wait to tell my daughter about it in the future and let her know that there was even fried chicken there. Yes, I requested fried chicken and didn't think it was going to happen but it did. haha.  Gosh, I hope my daughter has my sense of humor when it comes to race. She's going to be four different cultures and the way I got through life with being just two, is embracing them and having fun with them. Menu: Fried Chicken, J-dawgs (utah thing), Caesar salad, fruit, chips, and of course dranksss. The dessert was chocolate eclairs, strawberry cupcakes, and a beautiful home-made ish cake that had my baby girl's name on it. I wish I had gotten more pictures of just the ambiance of this day, but at least I have the sweet memory.
 (excuse the paper and golfball.... lol)


 
        I won't lie. I did have a sad "pout" with one part of the baby shower. Even though I was surrounded by so many people that were excited for me and truly cared, I missed my ex. I just wish he was apart of the excitement. I missed him a lot this day. I debated if I should invite him or not, but I knew A) he wouldn't come B) he's not ready yet. I'm sure there's C's and D's and E's to this too, but I just didn't want to feel rejected again. I know even when my daughter is here I will have those days, but just have to keep trekking through. That was the only thing that felt off that day, just wish he was there. But other then that, Twas a great day on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment